Saturday 27 November 2010

Just to make you smile ...

Just some random images that have brought a smile to my face. I hope they bring a smile to yours too.
~
A prince and princess.
~
A little princess! And doesn't she know it too!
~
Seen in a local village recently. It would bring a smile to anyone's face to travel around in this, especially when it is pouring with rain as it was when I took this picture.
~
I don't know this chap's name, but he was happy for me to take his picture (for a donation of course). He was playing carols, but it was very unusual to see him playing on a harp (or maybe it is another instrument - I have never seen one like it before). Usually these street players have some background music playing instead of just playing the guitar, etc. themselves. Very nice. It too, brought a smile to my face.
~
Hope you all have a smile on your face as well and are not too disrupted by the current bad weather.
~
Ann x

6 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Hi Ann, lovely pictures - as always. And yes, they did bring a smile to my face!

No snow here in London - so far!

mrsnesbitt said...

Today is the first Sunday of Advent and I normally go to church, however the roads are trecherous so we are staying home - I will miss the carols.

A Bun Can Dance said...

I love that the guy was playing carols in the street :-)
The prince and princess are totally gorgeous and I love the first photo of them both!
Thank you for your lovely, thoughtful comment over at mine,
Denise x

BadPenny said...

Lovely post - That harp is lovely - must have another name I think. We have no snow but it is icy & our daughter takes her driving test on Wednesdy !

foreveryoung said...

I have tried to find out about the harp and it appears that it could be a Medieval style harp which has been hand made. I wish I had asked the player about it and will do so if I ever see him again. It certainly looks as though it is very well made and not just a 'child's harp'. Ann x

BadPenny said...

I'm sure you'll see the busker again. We saw a busker in town - then he played in the folk club in our village & I bought his CD !