Monday 13 December 2010

Seasonal Bits ...

After me "swimming the Channel" and both of us having really nasty colds, we have not been doing very much recently. However, we are suddenly coming back to life and managing to get out and about again.
~
I know that lots of you love the antiques scene and I recently visited this wonderful place in Narberth, Pembrokeshire. It is The Malthouse, hidden away in a side street in the town and set out in lots of hidden rooms full of interesting things. Thought you might like to take a look.
~
Like many other antique havens, this building is divided up into different units, show cases, corners and shelves. Each showing off its own special goods.
~
The trouble is that I see so many things that are shouting 'buy me' that I sadly have to ignore them unless we revamp the whole design of our home!
~
After all the recent freezing frosts and ice and rock hard ground, our girls were delighted when we hung up this cabbage for them to jump up at. I think they had nearly forgotten what being active was as they had not even been able to scratch the ground and spent a very happy time leaping up at it and even leaping over each other. It lasted about 15 minutes!
~
Saundersfoot recently held their annual festive Christmas Craft Market, which helped us to get into the seasonal feeling. It was, as always, very popular and there was lots to see and buy.
~
They even had some of Santa's reindeer! I have to say that I don't know if they look up to the job of visiting all those houses on Christmas Eve!
~
Keep warm (I know - more snow is forecast!)
~
Ann x

1 comment:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh wow! Santa's reindeer how awesome!