Saturday 12 February 2011

Kindle

~
I was given a Kindle at Christmas. I love it! I am reading Jane Eyre at present (I never did when I was young) and have nearly finished it. It was longer than I thought and was the first choice for discussion at our Reading Group. Never joinged a reading group before and it was so interesting to hear everyone else's thoughts and impressions. You would sometimes think we were all reading a different book.
~
Other books I have loaded on to my K for the future include: Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell, prompted no doubt by the current tv series; The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson and War Horse, by Michael Morpurgo. All books that I may not necessarily have read otherwise. OH has The Complete Sherlock Holmes loaded for if and when I ever let him have a go at the new technology!
~
Still lots to learn about it - making notes, highlighting things but looking up words in its dictionary is brilliant and immediate as soon as you read the rogue word and don't know what it means.
~
I may be a silver surfer, but I love this new technology and try to keep up with it all as much as possible. What have you got on your kindle?
~
Ann x

1 comment:

Linda said...

Our son in law had a kindle for Christmas and he loves it. The trouble with me is, I love holding a book in my hands and turning the pages, and also keeping my favourite books on the bookshelf! Maybe if I had one I'd feel different. Mind you it's took me a while to get used to a laptop from a pc!!