Sunday 30 January 2011

The Weekend

Sunday
~
Visit to a Food Fair being held at the National Botanic Gardens of Wales.

~
Looks a bit like a loaf, but it was one of the many interesting locally made cheeses shown on the stalls. All the stalls were in the glass house, which was great because although it was a beautiful sunny day it was absolutely freezing!
~
Pretty roses made out of white chocolate.
~
Pretty vegan beetroot and vegetable balls.
~
Lovely locally made wines.
~
Some fluffy protea (I think) in the warm, moderate climate of the Glass House.
~
Snowdrops. There were loads and loads all over the gardens. No sign of them in our garden at all and we have planted lots - I don't know what happens to them.
~
Beautiful coloured wooden stems, shining in the spring sunshine.
~
Saturday
~
A party with friends. Lots of laughter and some yummy food.
~
Don't know what the joke was!
~
~
Home-made and I didn't have seconds!
~
Hope you had a great weekend too.
~
Ann x

2 comments:

BadPenny said...

Yum ... those roses are lovely.

We have a ( bad ) photo of me giving a speech at my mum's 80th birthday party laughing my head off. Two of my brothers are staring at me in an odd way. Just wish I could remember what I'd said ! ( I won't be putting that photo on the Blog - it was truly awful ! )

foreveryoung said...

That wasn't me Penny. I was just catching everyone unawares with the camera! Will try and find something a bit better. Ann x